Grading and Packing
• Once unloaded off the boats, the fish are graded by expert graders and carefully
hand-packed into Styrofoam boxes.
• Before packaging, the fishes are plunged into an ice slurry and they remain there
until the core temperature of the fish reaches around 1° Celsius.
• ‘Slurrying’ is much more effective in lowering temperature than merely packing the
fish in ice. The water/ice slurry mix rapidly draws heat away from the fish, chilling it
quickly. At all times, gloves are worn to prevent any body heat from warming the fish.
• Once the fish are packed in the box, a layer of plastic is placed over the fish and a
bag containing crushed salt-water ice is spread on top. This layer of plastic between
the ice and fish prevents any kind of ice burn on the fish.
• Only premium products make their way oversees. Any fish that does not make the
grade is kept for sale in the domestic market.
• Complete Traceability - Each packed box has the name of the species, weight, date
of packing and expiry, name of the client.